My Highlights

In an interview I was asked to tell the panel briefly about my highlights from 2010 to date. Well my starting point had to be joining the debating team *laughs*, I wouldn't mark that as a highlight, but it was definately a starting point for me. I was always mute at the sessions, and was terrified as ever when I had to speak. I would pause for 5minutes before uttering a word and would just give up. I thought debating was just not my thing; with much help from my dear friend Bash (Lubabalo Mabhenxa), I gained confidence a bit to stand up infront of the rather terrifying faces of great debaters and put my story to the fore. Eventually I quit!

Later in that year, thankfully to the Grounding Programe (Life Knowledge and Action), I had the opportunity to speak in front of hundreds of people about racism in our society. My speech was inspired by Martin Luther King Juniors speech 'I HAVE A DREAM'. A speech that captivated the audience, leaving me feeling nervous as a wreck, but oozed my conscious nonetheless. I believed that the masses needed to be educated about the issue. My speech was a prayer, to them that discriminate, to those that look down on eachother based on race, in such a diverse society that we are in. It spoke about our moving forward as a nation, and the commencement stage being in University Institutions. Particularly to my school, Fort Hare. Where the spirit of Community is our tradition. We had to reconcile with our differences to enable the facing of challenges to be bearable. After that speech, I too had a dream, and I believed I could and I will make it come to pass.

Also in that same year I and my dear friend Lubabalo Mabhenxa had the opportunity of representing our school for the First Year Moot Court Competition which was held in Bloemfontein (UFS). We did not win, but we had the most awesome experience ever. 

In 2011, I worked at the University library. A job I cherished with all of my heart. Assisting at the front desk was the best, and shelving the books enabled me to get to know more about the storage of the books. Working at the library taught me discipline and appreciating books and what they have to offer. An ethic that still has to be embedded within me. But I am in the process of learning. 

Intervasity Moot Competition in 2011 also marked a highlight in my life, winning us first place. We went head to head with NNMU and WUSU. I have got to give it to WUSU, they came full force and were best at what they did *heads up*. 

Moving on to 2012. The Lord showed me what He is made of this year. I knew that all that I have achieved and was still to achieve was all from the palm of His hand. This year was a very fun filled, yet emotional and a year filled with enormous change. I was appointed as a tutor for first years. A mark that left me in awe of Education. I found my feet and I found my place deeply rooted in teaching. I love teaching. I would do it over and over again. Ideas sprung through like wildfire, totally revamping the traditional way of teaching into a much more interactive atmosphere, enabling the students to bring out their personalities at the same time sticking to the program: which was learning. I admired the courage that the students had, based on the challenging questions they put to the fore. It proved the level of marturity and wisdom that each of them had. Brilliant! Our tutorials grew warm each day, till a point of coming up with a name for our class: THE PANEL 7. 7 meaning all good things. 

Much of my inspiration for teaching was drawn from Mr Jacque Mahler. A lengend so to speak. A man who lives and breeds education. A man of high standards, excellent work ethics and a dire respect for the Art of teaching and that of his students. I could write a book about him. Working as his tutor was like a mentorship programme for me. A very cheerful one. Each meeting with him enabled me to get out his office with an I can and I will attitude. I thank him.

Furthermore. This year too was my 21st birthday. This was not only a rebirth for me, but it was also a rebirth for the rest of my family. We grew closer and closer and had a much better understanding with eachother. Th Lord was hoovering in our gathering as a family to celebrate my growth - I call it our growth - as a family. 

The Law Banquet also forms part in my list of highlights. With the help of a very good friend, Siphelele Zotwa and my lil sis Khensani Motileni. I decided to do things differently in this years banquet. We put together a video clip of the law faculty with students immitating each lecturer *laughs*, it was really fun and certainly brought life to the function. Serendipity!

Moreover. Being appointed as part of the Editorial team for the schools newsletter still makes me shiver till this point. I established my gift of writting in 2010, a gift I had carried for so many years fledged out, so much so that it edifies souls. I thank the Lord Almighty. 

That is not all. I have also been appointed to become the Life Knowledge and Action Facilitator *smiles*. Life is an orientation, so to be part of a programme that is positioned for strong growth is overwhelming. To be able to impliment change makes life much easy when one is a part of such effective programmes. I am definately looking forward to next year. I am not alone in this journey. I have got Jesus all the way. He is my carrier.


Lastly but not least. My baby. My journal. My chapter. Yes yours and Mine. HolisticSerendipity, the story of my life, yours and a way forward for us as a scociety;  has given me a reason to smile at night updating the blog. It has been such an eye opener. Making me more alert. More awake and embracing all good things. This here is a start of something new, for all us.

I am now volunteering at the Advocates Chambers. Under the supervision of my hero Advocate Nyangiwe. The grooming I am recieving from him leaves me in awe. I admire his existence. His a father figure an all rounder and one of the best Advocates ever. You will get to know more about Advocate Nyangiwe as the blog unfolds.


                                                           Me & Bash @Bloemfontein High Court
                                                         @ the Intervarsity Moot Court 2011
                                                         Outside my sisters residents *laughs*
                                                       Revolutionalist with Mr Mahler
                                                           21st Speech
                                                           With Advocate Nyangiwe
                                                        We made it *smiling*. With my sis








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Willpower: The Fair-weather Friend

Discovery of the blog title

Rise Above Your Trauma: The Keys to Achieving Personal Development