Personal review of Fifty Shades of Grey...

 A first for me too

After reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I was astonished and proud at the same time, of myself, for finishing a novel. I have never been able to finish any book that I have ever read. Parts of me felt like I have been living both the lives of each character as I read the book. I had to indulge myself to each personality, making each character come to life with the assistance of my ever so spontaneous imagination. 

The book is so detailed, extremely detailed. Emphasis is placed on every movement, from romance, to joy and sorrow - simultaneously. Putting the book down was not easy at all, I had to be very disciplined, luckily my sister made it so easy for me to get each chance to finish the book, as she was so eager to share it with someone else. 

Eventually I read it and got to the end. The first book left me longing for Fifty Shades Darker and Freed, especially after reading the reviews of each of the other editions. 

On walking on the skins of both the characters, Anna and Christian. It felt as though I was on a journey, in discovering the beauty behind each individual’s character, their past and the status quo. How beautiful and awful a love can turn out when secrets transpire and a life lived comes daunting on ones door step. I admire Christian grey in every aspect, and I don’t mean his sexual adventure. I admire the move from being and becoming. He portrays a character that has stern exiled in his limbs, care, courage and a longing to please love, a phenomenon he himself is not aware of yet. It is saddening to witness an almost something like love becoming too hard to express due to the hurdles of his past. I admire the discovery of all things FIRST that he witness with the ever so pure Anastasia, who opens doors that have been locked for 21 years to a very complicated melody Christian Grey.

On the life of Anastasia Steele, 'Miss Steele' according to Mr Grey. Another world has been introduced to her, all things first class if you know what I mean. First class intimacy, first class lifestyle and first class experiences according to Christians Greys world. As taken aback as she seems to this 'new' presented to her, she is in dire admiration of Christian Grey, a complicated melody that she has discovered, whilst keeping her hands away from him seems to be a huge challenge for her. What I admire about Anastasia is her curiosity, her need to love and her pure and honest mouth.

As intense as the novel was, and the astonishment of actually finishing a novel I have never thought I would be so persistent in reading. While layers of each chapter seemed nothing close to being holy at all. Contravening a variety of my clauses that I have set for myself - I learnt regardless. I learnt that growth sometimes entails stepping out of your comfort zone. To learn and walk around the shoes of somebody that is contrary to you, has contrary values, morals and all things different from you. At the same time not deviating form any of my beliefs system. 

I have never felt so sorrowfully happy. Happy that a long lost man trapped in the hurts of his life past lived, found comfort in the company of an unexpected love. Sorrowfully happy that he was introduced to love even though parts of his body didn’t correspond with the word itself, for it seemed so foreign to him. Sorrowfully happy that he is aware of what Anastasia is longing for, and so does she of his longings, but both cannot cease to satisfy each other fully for their immense differences.

Considering that my sister and I always make it our mission to get into the heart of the matter of each person we have an intimate relationship/friendship with. We constantly make it our priority to understand a person for starters. Know their inns and outs. Weigh the measure of the situation and try to resolve the issue the best way we know how. Anastasia resembles our personality in some ways, not entirely. It is just her constant curiosity and need to make things normal that kind of resembles our personality and not her submission to all things requested to do. Our quest has always and will always be to understand, compromise and love.

Over and above I am glad I read the book. I commend the author for her beautiful gift of writing so brilliantly. Each word has a heavy meaning embedded in it. I relived every sentence she wrote. I too aspire for such a beautiful response and respect to words. To articulate a point put across so diligently, with ease and more so with meaning. This book came at the ripe season I believe. In a world that is fuming with complications. A world filled with a dire need of love and longevity of this beautiful made complicated phenomenon due to self. I am so eager to read the last two books. 

Picture credit: http://www.eljamesauthor.com/books/fifty-shades-of-grey/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Willpower: The Fair-weather Friend

Rise Above Your Trauma: The Keys to Achieving Personal Development

Discovery of the blog title