Black African Man...


This one is for you...

I yearn for a strong greet in your mother tongue Sanibonani (isiZulu); Molo (isiXhosa); Hallo (Afrikaans); Thobela (Sepedi); Dumela(Setswana); Lumela (Sesotho); Abusheni (Xitsonga); Sanibona (siSwati); Avuwani(Tshivenda);Salibonani (isiNdebele). And ooze me by asking how am I in your mother tongue, and not with some old and lame pick up line, which you just carelessly grabbed along the shores of life, but let your true reflection reflect your upbringing, your roots, and your blackness.

Black African Man would you please sway a sister with a rich feel that speaks to the soul with no intention to flirt, when you kindly ask to get to know me in your mother tongue and not an “I’d like to get to know you more babe” kind of statement. Rude, arrogant guy I will perceive you as. Here me correctly, there is no issue with a black English speaking man, but seemingly a black man’s mother tongue sounds more legit and appealing.

To our Black African Men, aware of the pressures of society we are- that one has to look fly to be liked; to speak English to charm; to be a player to be noticed; to have a car to be a ladies’ man; or to make babies to sustain a relationship – just as long as you won’t be unnoticed!

Embrace your culture, I do urge and plead, that you embrace your upbringing and your you. Real ladies appreciate originality and a sense of true reflection. Refrain from being scarred by the trend of being a part of a collective, falsifying yourselves to win souls over; head wrapped and bottled with a whole lot of confusion of wanting to be ‘buff’ today, if not ‘then at least I should get a car’, if not then let me just play around – the list is endless...as long as you will be noticed. 

Do not change the foundation rooted by your ancestry, remain your you, change as far as wisdom and knowledge is concerned and believe that your appearance will appeal to your kind. It is saddening to see an almost fall of men. Your existence is life’s cash flow.

We love our men (our brother, our friends, husbands, future husbands, our fathers and uncles).
This one is for you!
                        -ANDISWA MADIKANE

Picture credits: iseeadifferentyou

Comments

  1. Ahem....let me try this, Molo sisi.....hope that makes the cut so to speak. I don't know if I'm a black African man though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ndibulisile amazing and gracious black African man! I yearned for a strong greet in your mother tongue, and you showered me with a rich feel of molo. It's enough for me. Ndiyabulela :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Willpower: The Fair-weather Friend

Rise Above Your Trauma: The Keys to Achieving Personal Development

Discovery of the blog title