Embracing the African in You

Embracing the African in You is a concept I have started. I am on a quest to gather as many writers and photographers as possible that will contribute towards this initiative. To the writers, I would like you to write a piece or a poem in your mother tongue. And from the photographers, I would like an image that portrays an African feel. Feel free to be creative and innovative with any catagory you fit in. The aim is to uphold the spirit of our heritage and to explore writing and photography in all forms. I would like us to take it back to the roots, where it all started, from our mothers bellies. This task is tasked to all and myself too. I will post the poems/ writting/ images on my blog to get some ratings, to make it more pleasurable and fun. The requirements follow:

Requirement:

  • A photo of the writer/ photographer at the end of the piece of writing/image
  • Brief details of the writer/ photographer 
  • Motivation (Favourite quote)
  • Lastly, the writers/ photographers vision for Africa/Youth
P.S. The deadline is the first week of February. You can email me at; andiswa.madikane@yahoo.com or send the piece on facebook via message.

My greatest appreciation to all the contributions!

                                                                   The Awekening!
 Picture credits: old.southafrica.co.za

Comments

  1. ima try my xhosa is good but ive neva tried a poem ngo lweenkobe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Mr Cognificent, I hope you do not mind my refrence to your name. It will be a challenge for both you and I. Hoping to recieve your piece soon. Thank you for the contribution. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Willpower: The Fair-weather Friend

Rise Above Your Trauma: The Keys to Achieving Personal Development

Discovery of the blog title