To a distant Mother!

Years back, I was conceived,
By a specie I now long to reach,
Our bond amputated from your umbilical cord,
You became a parent far from me to reach.

Today is mother’s day,
Not the day I was conceived,
But a celebration of your enablement to conceive me,
Woman you were crowned.

For juggling the hassles of life,
At the palm of your hand,
And still raising a prize possession,
A priceless pearl you groomed to be the lady she is today.

Born far from you,
God willed it to be so,
For You birthed a lioness,
A fox,
One that like you was able to stand the test of time,
Through you, life equipped me to stand on my own!

To be a fighter,
Stern physic,
You built me not to break,
Our distance made me your incarnation;
A strong willed woman

Our conversations are transmitted through prayer,
Where I feel and see you more,
In my prayers,
And dream that one day the Lord will land me on your doorstep.

So that we can revive our relationship.
Distant mother,
A bond I yearn for,
Happy Mother’s Day.

-ANDISWA MADIKANE


Comments

  1. WOW well done andiswa...you just made me miss my mom :) well written

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you bhutwam. Mothers are phenomenon women!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Willpower: The Fair-weather Friend

Rise Above Your Trauma: The Keys to Achieving Personal Development

Discovery of the blog title