Grown woman!

I felt as though an incarnation of Beyonce's life. Her first verse in her song Grown Woman reminds me of when I was a young girl, being brave and I was such a big dreamer. I would look at myself in the mirror and start speaking. I used to impersonate presenters, act as though a choreographer or become a teacher. My dream was to be an effective figure in society, and to heal people, be it through art or the spoken word. I was that little girl who always surrounded herself with grownups, listening to grown up music and grownups stories. I never for one day thought I would be where my dreams led me. Here I am, a continuing flash of God's grace, lighting up the world the way my God wanted me to. I go back in thought and realise that the all my visions growing up were a path directing me to where I am today and where I am to be in the future.

"I could count my blessings and never stop". -Andiswa Madikane

Another holistic serendipity, was when I was invited to be guest speaker last week Saturday, for a teenage initiative called "No Apologies" in Gonubie. Facilitated by Mr Lathando Mateza, with the assistance of her wife, the beautiful sis Bathandwa (our mentor and spiritual mother) and the beautiful couple sis Viswinceba and bhut Mbu Dlambewu. I had to share my life's experiences and shared a motivation on how to keep pressing on. I enjoyed every bit of it and each spoken word reminded me of where God has placed me. I was truly grateful for such a platform, as it has always been my first love to serve the masses, be it through art or the spoken word. And last week Saturday afforded me another step up in reaching my goals. Praise be to God!

A big thank you to the hosts for establishing such an effective initiative and for welcoming us very warmly and for the future plans we aim to reach together.
 





 Khensi was speaker for the first group, two weeks back.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Willpower: The Fair-weather Friend

Rise Above Your Trauma: The Keys to Achieving Personal Development

Discovery of the blog title