If you think I am perfect, think again!

What I have realised in my 21years of living is that when you are an upright person, who values and respects not only themselves, but others. Or when you are a person who carries themselves well and seem like you are on the right track in life, people tend to think you are perfect. I am a victim of that misinterpretation of perfection. It is a flattering feeling to have people believing in your capabilities, but for them to conceive you as perfection is a rather daunting feeling for me.

I find perfection incredibly appealing, and too appealing for it to be associated with any living human being, and in this case me. In every intimate conversation I have with certain people, there seems to be that imbalance of the latter trying to be upright, saying all the right things, which really tends to be boring for me. I understand the discomfort of having a conversation with someone you don’t know what to expect from. I get that too. But honestly, honesty of who you are really is the force that pulls you away from that demise.

I too am a person. I have a bit of clumsiness here and there, temper issues at times, selfish, anti social at times and an imperfect child at home. Yes I get a word or two for leaving dishes on the drying rag, disagree with my sister on certain issues, playing loud music galore, acting foolish with my siblings and friends, infact I have heard through the grapevine that I am the biggest clown at home, ‘the odd one out’ as my siblings bluntly put it. 

I made my mistakes (still do), did the does and should not’s until I found my way to maturity. It was an extremely unbearable adjustment but I found my way through it all. A picture perfect is not an image I want to portray, as I am nowhere near perfect, striving for perfection is something I yearn for and continuously pray for. I did not just happen, but Christ made me, and blessed me with my surroundings, challenges to make me the person that I am, an appearance of Grace. I give my parents a heads up for their discipline, my sister for being my agony aunt all these years, and my siblings and friends for always reminding me of who I am and keeping me young and fresh always. But mostly. I thank God! With whom this all would not have been possible. Holistic serendipity included *chuckles*.

And I have been given an amazing gift of edification. I am a lover of all personalities, I make understanding a priority in others lives; love, respect and care is my daily bread. And I don’t think any of your mistakes are unintelligent, and in no way do I strive to make one feel inadequate about themselves. I believe that you have the ability to strategise your plans accordingly to come to a reasonable decision. An opportunity that we are all awarded.

The Grace of God resembles perfection in me and the personality He has anointed me with puts me on the pinnacle of life. If there is anyone who should be credited, it is Christ. My one and only living God! Our Father!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Willpower: The Fair-weather Friend

Rise Above Your Trauma: The Keys to Achieving Personal Development

Discovery of the blog title